Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I just downloaded Puppy Linux on a USB drive, now what?

Q. I just downloaded Puppy Linux on my USB drive, but when my computer turns on, it doesnt recognized the drive for me to install Puppy Linux... Help?

A. you have to burn it to a dvd using an image burning program, its an image file

What is your preferite linux distribution?
Q. I know only Puppy Linux.
It doesn't need any driver for my graphic, sound and network card, whereas xp needs all the drivers.
However Puppy Linux isn't as advanced as xp!..

What linux based operating system do you prefer?

A. I have only tried Ubuntu, but have used openSUSE running KDE in the university library. I'd have to say Ubuntu is a good choice for beginners. openSUSE is not that bad. It's got a lot of eyecandies.

I have downloaded five other distributions to try next month when I've got my laptop (openSUSE, Mandriva, Fedora, Debian and Linux Mint). I'll tell you my Linux stories later. :)

How Can i install Linux OS in my Flash drive?
Q. Please tell me the method and source to download and install puppy Linux in my flash drive.

A. I don't think you can Install it on the flash drive. However you should be able to copy the files to the flash drive as long as the drive is big enough to contain them. As well, you can not boot from a Flash drive so you are better of using an external drive for this and boot from there. Hope this helps



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment