Wednesday, March 27, 2013

If I switch from Microsoft server hosting to Linux package would my sites still work?

Q. i want to install cre loaded and for that i need linux hosting. if i switch to linux hosting would my old sites that i created on my windows machine still work? may be its a silly question but i have no idea how linux works.

A. I surfed over to CRE loaded. They never say what the backend is... Zend? Joomla!? etc.but it does appear to be a framework with limited customization and their main strength is they swear they are PCI compliant. So you question gets down to the database??? What database did you use?

I can not find any specs on System Requirements. Maybe it is in the FAQ installation PDF download which I didn't bother with. I don't see the Linux requirement. Basically, Linux works because of folder restrictions.

From the looks of their Membership fees (which seem high) they host, you connect, you have a limit on support option contacts. In other words, they look like a php stack framework like WordPress, only for eCommerce. Other options with your own ISP would include Zend, Joomla! and Drupal -- but you have a serious learning curve ahead of you.

Can I use a linux host server, If I am using a windows operating system?
Q. Can I use a linux host server, If I am using a windows operating system? As I am new to using servers and want to use a tom cat server, as I need to use JSP to create a e-commerce site.

All I was wondering is can I use a linux host server, even though my operating system on my computer is windows.

Regards

Christine

A. Yes
90%+ of all servers are Linux.

How do you design a website that is compatible with Linux Web Hosting?
Q. I don't know anything about web design. What programs are compatable with Linux Web Hosting? What would you recommend? Do you know about any good templates compatable with Linux Web Hosting?

A. it does not matter, K-Disk is spreading missinformation don't listen to him.
Make a site and it'll run on either.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment