Monday, March 25, 2013

How to save up for a MacBook Air?

Q. I have an iPad 3 (I love it very much) and I have an old Linux desktop I repaired last year. I need a MacBook Air as a primary computer because god only knows if on my Linux Desktop will crap out. Plus Macs are excellent for computer programming (what I want to do). I am 13 if that helps, so I can't get a job. Any suggestions on how to make money and save up?

A. Ethan You want ideas on how to save money to buy a Mac, you have stated that Macs are excellent for computer programming. Let me say they are no more excellent than your old Linux computer. The true facts are you can learn computer programming with your old Linux system at no cost to you, also you can do more with Linux than can be done with Mac iOS, if you took the time to find out what is and can be done with Linux OS that can't be done with iOS

You are free to do what you want, when you want, how you want with free open source Linux, Your not free to do the same things with iOS. With Linux everything comes free, all the programming software, Free programming books/magazines/videos, free online tutorials, Why do you think Linux Android has taken the world by storm and left Apple iPhone iPad in the slow lane, Yes Google Android is Linux. Why do you think 492 of the world top 500 fastest computers run on Linux and none of them run Mac iOS,

Think about this, why can't Mac OS or Windows run from a live cd/dvd, usb ssd card or jump drive
Why do you think you can run Linux on your old computer yet you can't run Mac iOS on it, Do you know 4 yr old mac computers can't run the latest Mac iOS Check out another Linux hit with the $35 Raspberry PI computer that has sold over a million unit in less than 9 months of it's release that can do a thousand things more the the Mac computer. Were 6yr children in Europe are learning to build $10 robots and programming them with the Raspberry Pi computer,

Education and knowledge are wonderful thing. If you need to learn more you can send me a message I will tell you how to make money by promoting Free open source Linux operating systems

what program can i use to control my server running Ubuntu Linux on my windows PC.?
Q. I have an older computer running ubuntu linux desktop edition. I also have Samba File and Printer Sharing and Web Servers installed. I have WebMin installed. Everything seems to be working. I want a way to control my server using a GUI and the Xwindows system on my PC. So basicly I want to see my Linux server on my windows PC(s).

A. you want to setup a program called tightvnc server, then on your windows pc you can use a small app called vncviewer. its small and fairly simple
Here is a pretty good howto on setting up the server end.

http://maketecheasier.com/set-up-a-vnc-server-in-ubuntu-hardy-heron/2008/05/30

How do I share files on my server?
Q. I have an Ubuntu server and I want to share some of its files with my Windows AND LINUX desktops. I have heard that you can use Samba to share files with Windows, but will I be able to access the files throught Samba on a Linux desktop? Thanks.

A. sudo apt-get install samba

then edit /etc/samba/smb.conf
At the bottom it will have some sample shares. These will show up as the shared folders.

ex>
security = share
[Applications]
path=/home/offensivetech/apps/
guest only = yes
read only = yes
browseable = yes

This would put an "Applications" folder to show up when you go to
\\servername

Make sure to reload the samba config whenever making changes to the configuration file.
sudo /etc/init.d/samba reload
(might be sudo /etc/init.d/smb reload , can't remember).



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment