Tuesday, March 5, 2013

How do I download stuff on a Linux computer?

Q. My brother just made the Dell computer a Linux and I have no idea how to download anything. I keep trying to download Skype but it won't download correctly when I press Save. It keeps opening a new link on Google Chrome and its about blank. How do I download stuff on a Linux computer? I think its a Ubuntu! Please help I'm clueless and just guessing what kind of Linux it is because my brother did it.

A. If you're sure it's Ubuntu, try visiting this page:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Skype

Computer requirements for college? Is a linux computer a bad idea?
Q. I will need a computer for college, and I heard that some schools limit what OS's or types of computer their students can bring. For example, only windows, or only computers with Microsoft Word. Do any of you go to college and know whether this is true? And if you do have a linux computer at college (which I want) have there been any problems?

A. I had a couple issues using a linux distro in college. Most I was able to resolve; however, 1 issue a did run into was that some of the online resources that the college required me to access were only compatible with Internet Exploder... cough.. hack, I mean Internet Explorer. Granted this was entirely the resource's flaw and had nothing to do with linux, but there wasnt much i could do about it. If anything, u may just want to do a multi-boot setup. You should be able to get a discounted or *free copy of windows from the school, so multi-booting shouldnt be to big of an issue

Is it worth buying a Linux computer - or are they not very good?
Q. I am planning on buying a linux computer but I have never owned one before, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about them - can you use word programs and computer games like The Sims?
Thank :)

A. dude, you need windows. if you even have to ask the question, get windows.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment