Tuesday, March 5, 2013

What Linux app will allow you to view a webcam from a windows user?

Q. Me and my boyfriend are trying to see my cam. He has Linux though and I run on through Windows. What can he download to be able to see my camera?

A. I would suggest doing a little bit of research on the model of web cam, as you can usually find some step by step tutorials for how to use the camera in Linux.

For example, I have an old Linksys camera and I can use VLC to use it, as well as a few other commands which I found when I searched for the name of the camera and the type of Linux I was using.

How to remove "linux mint" from my Win7 GRUB screen?
Q. I recently ran linux mint form a usb drive, but I decided that I don't like it. Ever since, as soon as I power on my computer, I have to choose to boot into Windows 7 or Linux mint. Some tutorials I saw required a repair disk to boot into command prompt, which I don't have. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

A. What you need to do is rebuild the BCD Store.
That is where that message is coming from.
It is sort of the new and improved bootloader starting
AFTER XP.
That can be a complex process, so lets go at this the
way you already were.

EVERY Win7 system will allow you you to make a "Win7 Repair Disk".
Note it is only for repairs, very important ones, (but somewhat small repairs.)

Please see the following MS link about getting this VERY helpful disk
(while the computer is working...)
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Create-a-system-repair-disc
See below if link breaks.

How do I go about installing windows after linux is already on my hard drive?
Q. I recently installed mandriva linux on my laptop but I realized I'm going to need to put windows back on the computer to play a couple of games I can't get to work with wine. Whats the process for installing a dual boot of linux and windows with linux already being installed?

A. How to dual boot Linux and Windows XP (Linux installed first)
http://apcmag.com/how_to_dual_boot_linux_and_windows_xp_linux_installed_first.htm

The above tutorial relates to Ubuntu 8.04 LTS and XP however it may be useful nonetheless.


LUg.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment