Wednesday, March 13, 2013

how to speed up XBMC on an old Ubuntu Linux computer?

Q. I recently installed XBMC media center on my old Ubuntu Linux computer. I am running 11.04 and have already changed the sources to the 10.10 release. There is lots of lag in the media center and a very low frame rate. Is there a way to disable some of the 3D effects to make XBMC run faster? If not is there another way to speed up XBMC media center?

A. Disable or low some of the XBMC settings
Close any programs you have open before using XBMC
Turning off any start-up programs that you don't use

Is there a way to have Window Media Center recognize and play rar'ed videos?
Q. I want WMC on XP to recognize and play video in rar archives, either by extracting it completely before playing or not.

Or should I go with some other Media Center, Windows or Linux based, excluding MythTV?

A. No,only the archiver application can recognise the file. Not that there is any point in compressing a video file as they already, usually have high compression levels due to their encoding.

How can I fix a computer with Windows Media Center on it?
Q. I can fix any computer, but when the computer has Windows Media Center on it I can't do a thing! Any advice?

A. Install Linux, and your computer will work.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment