Saturday, March 2, 2013

I downloaded pendrive linux onto my flash drive and I'm having trouble getting it to boot.?

Q. I have my BIOS set to 'boot from USB' and it goes through all the start up stuff for linux, and then the screen just goes black. The power doesn't turn off, but the screen goes black and nothing else happens.

A. Try Damn Small linux, puppy linux, or grafpup. They've all worked for me (USB-wise) I looked for pendrive linux on distrowatch.com and didn't find that. Is it going into Xwindows at too high of settings? try hitting F1, F2, F3 to switch into another virtual window.

I need an easy to follow, step by step guide to get linux installed with my flash drive?
Q. I have an eee pc, so no cd drive. However, I have a computer with a cd drive, and I have a cd that will install linux. I need to know how to get the installation on my flash drive so I can get linux on my eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pc.

Halp meh! I needz me some ubuntu!

By the way I want to completely get ridda windows.

A. This works well

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

Sorry you want a guide, it's easy

Download whichever Ubuntu release you want.
Download Pendrive Linux
Tell it which version you have and the drive letter for the USB, you may want to allow it to format the usb first.

It does it's work pretty quickly.

If you want to make changes to the Ubuntu OS that are saved make sure you tell it to make it Preserve then select whichever size according to your usb

How do you clear a pendrive COMPLETELY of viruses?
Q. Whatever I do , how much ever I format my 8 GB transcend pendrive, when I plug it in my PC, it says malware/spyware/ some unwanted thing detected.
How to get rid of viruses for good?

Also is it possible for electronic media like DVD players, guitar processors, musical keyboards to get VIRUS INFECTED if they are connected to infected computers?

A. Don't format ur pendrive with windows format. Instead use "HP USB Disk Format tool". Else delete unnecessary files on linux. MUST- use a FIREWALL(Windows Firewall is a Trash anyway) and a good antivirus.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment