Friday, March 1, 2013

How do i use Xarchiver to download files?

Q. I have a linux laptop and i want to download Lubi so i can download further programmes e.g Ubuntu, WIne, Shockwave. When i have downloaded the file for Lubi the Xarchiver thing comes up and it is just a load of files. I dont know how to install the software.
thanks (:

A. You shouldn't have downloaded the Lubi app from the source site.

You should just select Lubi in the Ubuntu Package Manager, instead.

Here's the Step by Step:

TIP: Repeat for all other applications you listed.

How do I clone my Operating System for use on another machine?
Q. I have 2 laptops. One runs Windows 7. The other runs linux.

I also have a 2TB USB hard drive.

Both laptops are legally owned. So is Windows 7 (from the one laptop).



How do I "clone" Windows 7 and put it on the linux laptop?

A. You wouldn't. The first thing that would happen would be the windows genuine warning. Secondly, the hardware isn't the same which would only compound your problems.

Can i use my linux laptop as a router to hook my XBOX 360 to XBOX live?
Q. I have a linux laptop connected to the internet through a wireless router i have 3.0 mb/s broadband and i want to know if i can hook an ethernet cable from the ethernet port on my laptop to my XBOX 360 to get on XBOX live Can i do this

A. Probably not, but not because Linux won't do it.

The real problem is that most laptops with both wifi and a hardwired ethernet port will only allow one to work at a time.

As soon as you connect the ethernet cable, the wifi shuts off.

You might be able to do it by using a USB to ethernet adapter to get an ethernet port that will stay live.

A much better and much more useful approach is to find a version 1 through 4 Linksys WRT54G router and install the tomato firmware on it.

If you keep your eyes open, you can frequently find these routers for five to fifteen dollars.

This approach also gives you three extra ethernet ports at the location of the modified router.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment