Friday, March 1, 2013

How can I install Linux Mint 7 on a net book?

Q. Please help! I am not happy with Windows XP and want to switch over to Linux Mint 7. The problem is, that I have a net book and do not know how to install Linux without a CD-Drive. Can I install it using a pen drive/ external hard drive? Please give me a detailed informatory paragraph with the exact steps.

A. Here is a link to how to install linux mint without a cd drive. You could run mint from the usb or do what they call a frugal install.
Did you check to see if the specs for the netbook are adequate for linux mint, or any other full linux distro?
You may need to use a linux distro that is customized for the netbook. Here ar some links that discuss various distros for the netbook
Good luck

How can I keep my programming lab away from viruses?
Q. I maintain a undergraduate basic computer programming lab.

There are thirty windows PCs. No Internet connections.

Students are allowed to use USB pen drives. So spreading of virus is a common problem. But since Internet is not available, anti-virus software are not used because of the unavailability of frequent update.

Linux is not an option. This is because, we need to run windows-based software.

So what can I do to prevent the spreading of viruses?

A. Disable autorun for USB.

Microsoft also makes a product where all the computers boot from a stable known image on every reboot.

You can also put update detection for many anti-virus programs on a disk and update from that.

How can I download large file splitinng into parts, because I'm not allowed to save fies in uni but allowed to
Q. download to pen drive but it's my pen drive is 2gb that linux iso is 4gb so, is there a way i can download that file by parts

A. well if you have the iso on the computer and you want to put it on your flash drive then you can either get some programs such as winrar which has a file spitter in it or you can download a program called the file splitter


WR http://rarlabs.com/rar/wrar371.exe
TFS http://www.dekabyte.com/filesplitter/download.html

both are good file splitters, i prefer winrars file splitter but i have both and they work fine



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment