Tuesday, May 21, 2013

where can i get a free operating system for an old laptop?

Q. I have a Toshiba Tecra 730XCDT from round about 1995 and i want to download a free operating system for it. i don't care whether it's text-based or GUI but it needs to fit on a 3.5" floppy.

A. your best option would be a VERY small BSD install or an equally small Linux install. you may even wish to try Minix
Google it!

downloaded an operating system from university how do i burn it onto a dvd and install it on the computer?
Q. The university where I teach offers free operating systems for the computers that are bought from them, I bought one such computer, it came with no operating system installed. I downloaded it onto this computer (as instructed) and i was wondering how to burn it and install it on my new computer, Thanks.
As I said if you read the whole question it is OFFERED for FREE by the school since I teach there.

A. What extension does the downloaded file have, my friend? If it's an .iso file you can use a FREE ISO Burner program, such as ImgBurn.

Once the program has been installed, you can right-click on the .iso file and select to burn it ... or open it with ... dependent on which Operating System your computer is running.

Do you know which Operating System the university have allowed you to download, my friend? I ask this as Windows XP and earlier would only require you to burn to CD disc, whereas Windows Vista and Windows 7 require a DVD disc. You can get an idea of which size disc you will require by looking at the properties of the file that you have. If it's under 700 MB in size it will fit onto a CD disc. Larger than this means that you'll need a DVD disc. (Various different distributions of Linux depend on what, exactly, is included in that distribution. Some will fit on a CD and other will require a DVD.)

what is the besst free operating system for a windows user?
Q. I have a new compter and I don't have money to buy windows so I need a free operating system.
I'm used to windows .
I tried linux but it's diffrent from windows in so many ways.
and I bought a used computer that the owners erased the hard disc.

A. Ubuntu Linux ( http://www.ubuntu.com ) or gOS ( http://www.thinkgos.com/ )



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment