Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Where can I download a good free program for putting together songs?

Q. For my wedding first dance we are going to have 4 songs, 2 of which are going to be a surprise.

What we want to do is put them all together so they aren't a half hour long and use the best parts but also cut out all the unnecessary parts like the instrumental sections.

Where can I get a free program to do that?

A. Free Software Foundation
Alot of that is free and is available on GNU/Linux, BSD or other Linux/UNIX variants.
Look at sourceforge for the windows binaries.

Is there a software I can use to change the decibel levels of an audio track?
Q. I'm conducting an experiment in one of my psych classes and we need to be able to change the dB of a tone. Is there any software out there that could help us do this?

A. Sure. Use any audio editing program. Most help capture audio from a source as well as editing, applying special effects, etc.

Free: Audacity runs on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and BSD. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

There are many non-free programs designed for anyone from hobbyists to scientific uses and professional film production:

* ACID Pro
* Adobe Audition
* Adobe Soundbooth
* AudioDesk
* Cakewalk Sonar
* Chaotic Daw
* Cheetah Marketing
* DSP-Quattro
* Digital Performer
* FL Studio
* Fostex Foundation 2000
* Harrison Mixbus
* LMMS
* Logic Express
* Logic Pro
* Logic Studio
* MAGIX Samplitude
* MU.LAB
* MAGIX Music Maker
* Mixcraft
* MusE
* N-Track Studio
* Orion
* PreSonus Studio One
* Rosegarden
* Sound Forge
* Steinberg Cubase
* Steinberg Nuendo
* SunVox
* Tracktion
* WaveLab
* Z-Maestro

Which programming language should I start with?
Q. If I am new to programming, which language should I start with?
Note that I am not so much into game development.

A. I suggest JAVA. It's a universal language with apps that run in Windows, Linux, Mac, and Unix.

Otherwise I suggest learning C (C+, C++, C#). C is pretty much the foundation for programming. Again, it applies to multiple operating systems.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment