Wednesday, May 15, 2013

How do I play Windows games in Linux Mint?

Q. I just installed Linux Mint 13 on my computer and I would like to play some Windows games on it. I downloaded Wine onto my system but how do I use it? How do I use software I downloaded using the Software Manager?

A. Your best bet is Play on Linux (which uses WINE)
MOST games can run on linux, but you have to mount them as a disk (if they are from ISO)

And just install them they should install all needed windows dependencies and there very few games I have been unable to get running on Linux

Summary, Just install them normally, you may have to open the setup.exe in wine, but you should be fine from there.

How to use Gparted to add free memory partition to C drive?
Q. I have recently gotten rid of linux mint. I was dual booting it and it was sharing memory with my computer and had its own partition. I now need to convert those partitions back to my C drive and I have downloaded Gparted to do this. I realize it would be easier to do with partition magic but tht costs money that i do not want to pay for because this is a one time thing. Anyone know how to do this on Gparted?

A. You just need to delete the partitions and make new NTFS ones. thats it

How do increase my Internet upload and Download speeds?
Q. I have a connections speed which is 25mbps. But when I download stuff it is really slow.....
I tried downloading a OS (linux mint- 881 mb) and chrome says i am downloading at around 50kbps.... KBPS!
so slow!

please help!

A. You have a gross misconception of what KBps and Mbps mean. There are 8 bits in a byte. Your internet speed is measured in megaBITS per second (Mbps). Your download indicator is showing kiloBYTES per second (KBps). What's 8 times 50? Secondly, regardless of what you have for service doesn't mean the server you're downloading from is spitting it out that fast.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment