Wednesday, May 15, 2013

What is QMake and how can I use it?

Q. I use Qt sometimes, and the other day, I read this book where it said to program in Qt, all you need is a notepad, command prompt, and the Qt compiler. I wrote a basic hello world, launched command prompt in Windows, and typed in the qmkae commands, but it said there was no such command or directory such as Qmake. How would I use qmake on windows ?

P.S. I would also like to know how to develop Qt on linux.

A. http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.1/qmake-manual.html

read the manual

How do I upload the Google html file to verify my website?
Q. Google says to upload an html file with a specific name to my site (to verify that I'm the owner).

How do I create this html file (with their name)?

Also, I was told that I need a FTP program from Download.com.

Which ones are good and free?

Please post any links that you know of.

Thanks guys, I appreciate this.

A. Just create one blank notepad file with extension .txt. If google has asked to put the code inside the html file then put the code in .txt file. Now rename .txt file to required .html file name by simple renaming.

I use core ftp as a FTP program. You can download it from:
http://www.coreftp.com/download.html

It is free.

After installation of FTP program, enter the ftp details ( IP, username and pw ), connect and go to home directory ( normally public_html in case of linux and wwwroot in case of windows hosting ) and upload the file you made.

Now go to google and click verify.

I hope it helps!

What happened to Yahoo Notepad ?
Q. Yesterday I ran a scan to bring back my Yahoo Calendar...it worked. Today I find I can't call up any notes stored in Yahoo Notepad. What gives, Even using a Linux operating live distro CD on another computer I can not bring up the notes!!
Anyone help.

A. I am having same problem

It took awhile-- but do this

From you email--go to help and search for notepad

I went to Yahoo! Notepad Help Topics in the Search Help

Click on Whatâs Yahoo! Notepad and why would I use it?

Click on contact customer care purple button on right midway down


This brings up an email form to send to Yahoo.
Email
â¢Yahoo! Notepad Help Form
Use to Provide Feedback for or to report technical issues with Yahoo! Notepad

Click on this. It will bring up button to sumit to Yahoo

they did respond--don't have it corrected yet.


PS 24 hrs later- has anyone seen any results



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment