Thursday, May 16, 2013

What unix operating system should I install on my macbook?

Q. I saw here a list of some unix operating systems: http://www.tech-faq.com/download-unix.shtml

Which would be recommended to be installed on my macbook? (Please tell me whether the operating system is known to work without problems on a mac.) I am a comp. sci. student.

A. I don't think you need to install Unix on MAC since MAC OS X is itself built on Unix OS.

All functionality of unix is present in OS X.
Search for origin of OSX on wikipedia.

If you would still like to try another flavour of linux try Ubuntu since it is easy to install and you can first try it using Live CD.

Is there still a pure unix system out there for download?
Q. I have tried linux, windows, and mac os x. I am curious however to see what a unix operating system with GUI looks like. I have heard and read countless of articles of linux being based on the "rock solid" and "very stable" UNIX kernel. I want to get the "pure" unix operating system not linux. Does anyone have any information about why UNIX is gone?

A. Unix still exists, but is generally only installed on custome hardware and often won't run on anything else. Irix (SGI's unix flavor) is one example if this, as well as HP-UX and AIX by HP and IBM, respectively. You can try Open Solaris, which is Sun's unix OS. It runs on standard PCs. Ditto for OpenBSD.

How can i download old Unix operating system?
Q. Pls give me link for download unix operating system ..

A. You can't, they were propreitary... If you want a new one, FreeBSD is the closest you can get... Also, Linux isn't built from unix, just based on it, but it's much more advanced...



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment