Wednesday, May 15, 2013

How do you download Google Chrome on my iPod?

Q. I just want to downloaded Google Chrome onto my iPod Touch (3rd Gen). But I don't know how to do it. If you could give me easy instructions on how to do this, I would be grateful!!! Keep in mind that computers hate me, so when I say easy, I'm mean as if you're talking to a 5-year-old.

Thanks!!!!

A. you can't, Google Chrome is not available on any mobile devices..only available on Operating systems (PC, MAC, + linux)

Which Instant Messaging Service would be better for computer performance?
Q. Meebo or Pidgin? Would it make my computer perform slower if Meebo was running on Google Chrome, or if Pidgin was running as its own application?

A. I'm running linux at the moment, Pidgin takes up nothing but 24Mbs of memory, most of it virtual.

Browsers were meant for parsing, they weren't optimized for web applications at a lower level. Pidgin will obviously take up less resources!

Is it okay to have two browsers on my desktop?
Q. For some strange reason, I cannot access certain things on a certain web page or use a website properly on Google Chrome. So, I downloaded Mozilla and whatever I can't do on Google Chrome, I can do perfectly fine on Mozilla. My question is whether having two browsers on my desktop is okay? Will the browsers affect one another negatively? Also, could it possibly slow down my computer or searches even if the other browser is not open/inactive?

A. It is okay to run as many browsers as you want. I have Midori, Firefox, Chromium, Opera and Konqueror
running on the computer that I answering this question from and understand it is an OLD MACHINE( 10+ years) with only 512mb of memory( Bodhi Linux Operating System).

However this question has been asked on Yahoo previously. See below:

"Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

All the browsers you want. But I see no strong reason to have many of them. Try the best ones: Internet Explorer 7 (beta), Opera, FireFox.
To overload your computer is not a good idea. To have as small amount of programs will help you to keep order in your system and will help your computer to have a better performance..."

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061003103358AAsWrT1

And certainly running 2 browsers does not even come close to overloading a computer. Sometimes a person must have multiple browsers for the reason you have already discovered--some things work, work better or not at all on some browsers. In the case of Internet Explorer--many websites insist on it's use--so computers that can not run IE such as Linux and Mac have trouble must use Firefox or any many cases can not participate in the activities.

On a slightly unrelated note--Internet Explorer can sometimes have security exploits--so Windows Users are often advised to use Firefox/Chrome or Opera for certain security sensitive activities and use IE for general browsing.

In any case; have some fun and check out other browsers. You can always return to your favorite.

Good Luck.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment