Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Is it possible to make free version of windows like Linux of Unix?

Q. As everyone know Linux is replica of Unix and its open source.
Is it possible to make open source version of windows from beginning like Linux or Microsoft has patent it's architecture?

A. Look at ReactOS project. It is an open source free Windows clone!

"Missing Operating System" error when booting a live distribution of Linux Mint on a USB?
Q. I formated my flash drive to FAT32 and used UNetbootin to mount the latest Linux Mint .iso file on to my USB. Then I restarted my computer and configured the BIOs to boot from a flash drive. However, I get a large "Missing Operating System" error. Help?

A. There must be an error with the image. Despite what people say Linux is not as easy to boot from USB and mint is not as easy as ubantu to do that. If you have the iso on your desktop you can test it in a virtual drive if you have Hyper V on your system. or put it one a DVD. or try a different usb boot software like the universal boot. That works ive used it.

The important thing is don't get stuck try things to find the problem. Does it support legacy usb boot your machine?

How to add images to a github repository?
Q. So I'm doing a project for school and i'm still really new to github... We access our project by using PUTTY to SSH to a linux server at the school.

I have images that I made that I want to use in my java project, but I dunno how to get them into my project since they are on MY computer and I can't access them from linux. Is there a way I can upload a folder of images directly to github and then just pull them down into my working branch?
YYen G: I cannot see where to do this. Links? Guide?

A. I'm going to have to agree with the last reply. Git doesn't really care if it's text, a jpeg, etc. Once you've uploaded your image you should be able to run a git add, git commit, and git push like you would anything else.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment