Wednesday, May 15, 2013

How can I develop embedded control systems using linux?

Q. This question is pretty common when we google it but the information is either too small or is too dispersed. My question here is :

How can I develop embedded systems that are meant for control applications such as the ones we see for inverted pendulum control etc. with the help of free Linux distro?
if someone can recommend me a book or any tutorial that teaches me step by step everything, i would really appreciate it

thanks

A. Constructing an embedded system with Linux is often seen as a complex undertaking. You've already defined your "clearly defined goal" which is the first step. Make Magazine articles and bulletin boards are probably a good source. The third link in particular discusses the inverted pendulum control.

Which is the best forum for linux/unix questions?
Q. I know we can use yahoo answers for tht but sometimes we need that tht technical experties for few things?

Can u give suggest me news letters to which i can subscribe for more info unix and linux info?

A. I read Linux Journal, Linux Magazine, http://www.linuxtoday.com , http://www.linux.org and http://www.osweekly.com

News groups are still a good way of getting answers.
http://groups.google.com/group/linuxusersgroup

How do you make a brochure in Scribus? my Micrsoft Publisher evaluation version has expired?
Q. I have to make a brochure for a school project. But the problem is that i don't have Microsoft Publisher anymore ( my evaluation version has expired ) and i don't want to pay like $500 for it, so thats why i downloaded Scribus for Windows...but i don't really understand it, does any one know how to make a brochure in that program?

A. Basically the application works like Adobe InDesign, with boxes containing text, images or just like a graphic element.

First of all you must set the page size, adjust the column guides create colors in the palette (best if they are in CMYK color mode for professional printing), create the styles for the title and text. The process is very logical, but I think if you have some experience with other tool is not difficult to learn Scribus.

I usually work in Adobe InDesign for Mac, and I was trying Scribus, but unfortunately the version I tried was not enough stable. That's the bad part for me...

Jason Walsh wrote an article about laying-out in the Linux Magazine site, and the reference is taken from wikipedia
You can find more information at the official support site for Scribus.

I hope this information will be useful for you. Good Luck



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment