Sunday, January 27, 2013

Are there any stacker games that play on Linux OS?

Q. My 5 year old's computer runs on Linux OS. Its a Dell computer and can he download any Super Stacker games on it?

A. These seem to all be online flash games. Just install Adobe Flash on the computer (it is probably there already) and load up the page and play the games.

How do I run Windows 7 in parallel on a machine running Linux natively?
Q. I have a machine running Windows 7 right now. I want to run a Linux OS natively and have it run windows in parallel. Can I do this without re-downloading Windows?

A. They cannot run in parallel without getting TERRIBLE performance. You will have Windows and Linux fighting for the same resources, memory, and services and it will be choppy.

They use completely different file systems, meaning different partitions on your hard drive. Therefore, I believe you can only emulate the other OS and not run natively.

Your hard drive would need to have 2 independent read/write heads scanning different portions of your HDD at the same time, and they are not made to do that. They only read one area of a hard drive at any given time, so that means only one operating system at a time, espcially OS's that are so different from each other.

Who knows how to install a Java to a Linux OS in ASUS EeePC?
Q. Who knows how to install a Java to a Linux OS in ASUS EeePC? I purchased an EeePC 4GB Surf for my programming subjects. But then, I couldn't use the Eclipse if I don't have Java installed on the pc. Do you know how to put Java in a ASUS EeePC 4GB Surf Linux OS?

A. Go to java.com and download the self extracting file. Once you get that you'll open a terminal, navigate to the folder that the java download is saved to and then type

sudo sh jre-6u5-linux.i586.bin

That's the manual way to do it and seems to work better than any other I've found. Be sure to close all of your browsers before running the sh command.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment