Wednesday, January 30, 2013

How to install Vector Linux ?

Q. I downloaded vector Linux from the website. After opening it with WinRar I could not find the installer. i have made a separate partition. How do I install the OS ?

A. Is it an .iso? If so you have to burn it to a disk CD or DVD! Burn as an image! Then boot from that!

How to open and execute a .exe file in Vector Linux SOHO?
Q. I recently installed a Vector Linux SOHO edition on my PC, and I don't have Windows in it. Someone please tell me how to open files with .exe extension in Vector Linux SOHO edition??????????

A. You don't open the exe files. Those are executable code in there. To execute the file, type the file name without extension at the command line.

What are the best programs out there to do what Adobe Suite does in Linux?
Q. I'd like to start working in Linux (Kubuntu) and I'm looking for programs that manage to get all the work I currently do on Adobe Suite in Linux. Can anyone advise me on what programs should I use? Something similar to Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Flash. I can live without Dreamweaver. Thnx!

A. I use Ubuntu. There is a Linux answer for everything except Flash. JavaFX is under rapid development and will offer Flash / SMS Silverlight effects with pure code (no authoring environment yet, but a demo was shown at JavaOne).

You can run the older Flash authoring tool in Linux using a windows emulator called WINe. WINe does not run Adobe Suite.

Gimp = Photoshop. InDesign is krap to begin with. You can do page layouts with Scribus, but let me tell you, Scribus is much like the original Aldus Pagemaker. Inkscape is a capable vector arts program much like Illustrator. I recommend FontyPython for font management.

Since I switched to Linux, I never missed the products you mention but I will add it took some getting used to. But hey, remember back all the time you spent to learn how to make Adobe products perform and apply that time to Linux solutions. Keep a Win box available with a good anti-virus software on it. You'll need to make sure whatever products you produce In Linux from web artwork or downloads doesn't hurt other Window computers. But really, Linux is the faster solution for graphics and programming.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment