Wednesday, January 30, 2013

How to save file to desktop using Linux commands.?

Q. I am a beginner to Linux commands. I use SSH to connect to a Linux server. What command can I use to save a text file on the server to my desktop? Example?

A. From your desktop, fire up a terminal, or use Cygwin if you're under Windows (make sure you have installed the openssh packages) :

scp <your_user_name>@<server_name>:<path to remote file> <path to local dir/file>

Enter your password, and you're done :)

How do I add an FTP user with a Linux command?
Q. I need to write a PHP script that automatically adds FTP users. I can use the system() function to run a Linux command, but I don't know how to create a new FTP user. Any help here?
I don't own the server, I've purchased a reseller plan.

A. When you say add an ftp user, I assume that you wouldn't want the person to be able to log in to a shell on the system. FTP users are just like any other linux user. Use the adduser(sometimes called useradd) command and pay attention to the --shell switch (set to /bin/false)

how to open a url from linux command line?
Q. I want to run a url from the linux command lline. So, please help me with the command.

A. You could use lynx or links. Both are text-based browsers.

Alternatively, you could use wget which will retrieve the url you pass to it.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment