Wednesday, January 30, 2013

How does Linux hosting without CPanel look like?

Q. Im new to VPS hosting. I need a linux hosting with php and mysql.

I will not be including CPanel in my hosting. Can I manage or do I have to struggle ?
Can anyone give me a link on how VPS hosting will look like for Linux /

A. Technically speaking, it won't "look" like anything. If the host doesn't provide an alternative web interface to configure it, you will probably have to connect to it using an SSH client. If you do this, you will have a screen similar to the following (depending on the SSH client):

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LuO-4280xLs/TjZpXwahwSI/AAAAAAAAAFY/l6Tei3RvlYQ/s1600/sshd+copy.png

Can I modify a wep page thats on linux hosting using FrontPage?
Q. I´m trying to modify a web page usig FronPage and every time I want to publish the new page I get the message ´´server error.cannot change permissions´´.Anybody knows if this is because the page is on a linux hosting server???

A. yes,

It has been a while since I used frontpage, but when you "open" the site, or create a new website, there should be an option for "FTP" this will allow you to download/upload to your website regardless of windows, linux, mac etc. Your ftp details will have been given by your hosting service when you registered with them.

I hope this helps

I have a windows operating system, I want to start a website.. Can i use a linux host on my OS? I'm sure i can
Q. Well, Planing on opening a video site. For people to upload videos..
And i was checking the host out . Linux hosting. I can use that on a MS machine correct?

A. You def can but I'm not sure if you can test a linux based website on a Windows based computer, locally... This may make it a bit hard to design ???



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment