Saturday, April 20, 2013

My computer can't connect to my wireless router wirelessly but it can with a wired connection?

Q. I just bought and set up a D-Link DGL-4500, and it works perfectly if my computer is plugged in to the ports at the back of the router, but when I try to connect wirelessly it just says "Windows cannot connect".

When I try to connect my cheap little linux netbook wirelessly, it connects flawlessly.

What can I do to make this work??

A. I bet it's because you need to install all of the service packs on your Windows machine.

I believe that support for WPA/WPA2 wasn't included until either SP2 or SP3 of XP.

If that's not the problem, then go to the web site of your computer manufacturer or WiFi card manufacturer to see if there is an updated driver or support program available for your computer or WifI card.

Download the WiFi related updates (if available) and see if that doesn't fix the issue.

Good Luck!

Annorax64

How to create and boot windows or linux on my 1gb usb?
Q. How to create and boot windows or linux on netbook using USB flash drive?

A. unetbootin

Is it possible to put Windows XP or Vista onto a Linux netbook?
Q. Is it possible? I don't really want Linux, as I'm much more familiar with windows. How much would it cost?

A. first, look at the specs. if the HHD or SSD is small, you might be able to pull it off, but consider an external SSD or a high-capacity flash drive. Also, does it have an optical drive? if not, you would need an external one and it has to have some form of BIOS. (the thingy that loads before the OS). If the netbook meets all these, it might give you the option to boot from other sources. Press it and boot from the windows installation CD. Choose the highest capacity device that you can install it on. (With a netbook, you could probably do XP, but vista NO WAY!!!) Good luck! =D



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment