Saturday, April 20, 2013

how to speed up XBMC on an old Ubuntu Linux computer?

Q. I recently installed XBMC media center on my old Ubuntu Linux computer. I am running 11.04 and have already changed the sources to the 10.10 release. There is lots of lag in the media center and a very low frame rate. Is there a way to disable some of the 3D effects to make XBMC run faster? If not is there another way to speed up XBMC media center?

A. Disable or low some of the XBMC settings
Close any programs you have open before using XBMC
Turning off any start-up programs that you don't use

How do I set up a remote desktop to my Linux computer?
Q. I am running Windows XP on my crappy computer, and I want to view my Linux computer (Ubuntu 7.10) Many programs I tried didn't work. Can anybody help?

A. VNC - it will work on Linux and Windows.

How can you install Shockwave on a Linux computer?
Q. I recently bought a nifty little Eeepc, it works great for everything, it even plays videos and things really well.
The only problem is it runs on a linux system... does anyone know a way how I can install a shockwave player onto a linux computer?

A. this is gonna take a little work ;)

read this to install wine on your eee http://wiki.eeeuser.com/howto:wine

wine will allow you to run windows programs under linux. after this, you should downlaod and install firefox for windows.

run it under wine and install shockwave.

this may be a hack but at the moment, there is no native shockwave player for linux or last i read, macs even.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment