Friday, April 19, 2013

Can I run an antivirus on windows installed on a mac?

Q. I am soon to be getting a macbook, and I plan to run a dual-boot system on it. My question is whether it is safe to install an antivirus on windows, like nod32 while having an antivirus on osX as well. I know that intalling more than one antivirus is a very bad idea, I am wondering if that is true for two operating systems on the same machine.

A. why even dual boot --unless u have a large hdd---just use linux from a pen drive --it is an open source an is safer then windows --it's a plug and play OS----i use it in travel --it's great for cafes and airports --plug in log on lo gout put pen drive in ur pocket

Would any antivirus program prevent that fake antivirus software?
Q. I just had it and had to set my dell laptop a month before so it'd go away. Would any antivirus program from windows prevent this? If not how can I prevent that fake software crap?! Thanks!

A. Hi There,

Do not click on any of the links when the pop up comes up. Not even the "X" that is supposed to close the pop up. When you click on any choice that "accepts" the download and installation.
Just hit the back button to go to another page or shutdown your browser and clear any personal data.

To minimize the problem set up a guest account (without any privileges) for you web surfing.
Then nothing is supposed to run or change your computer (need admin priviliges for that)

Another sure way would be to do your web surfing using a Linux live CD to prevent any of the fake programs from loading. When you use a live CD everything runs in RAM so when you shutdown everything is gone forever. You can download and burn a live CD or order a free one (takes about two weeks to arrive).

Hope this helps,
Al

Is it safe to have two different antivirus programs; one for your home computer and one for your flash drive?
Q. So my question's just that. I've learned that it's bad to have more than one antivirus program running on a single computer, but I was wondering, is it okay to one antivirus for my actual at-home computer, and a separate antivirus for the flash drive/portable device? Please and thank you.

I currently have avast! for my home computer and I'm thinking of getting ClamWin for the flash drive.

A. You need to get one antivirus program, one firewall and some spyware/adware/malware removers if you don't have it.
I use Norton Internet Security (antivirus, spyware, firewall, add blocker, mail spamfilter, pop up blocker etc) Ad Aware, Spybot and more on my desktop running XP Home SP2 with Firefox and Yahoo Toolbar with pop up blocker.
On my laptop i have Ubuntu 7.04. No security needed in Linux, but i use antivirus and firewall. Firefox is standard.
I have no virus, spyware, adware, pop ups etc on my computers.
Mozilla Firefox and Opera are safer browsers to use then Internet Explorer.
http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/produ...
http://www.opera.com/

Here are some free programs.
BitDefender Anti-Virus Free.
http://www.bitdefender.com/PRODUCT-14-en...
Avast Anti-Virus Free.
http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.ht...
AVG Anti-Virus Free.
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/lng/us/tpl...
Avast Virus Cleaner - free virus removal tool.
http://www.avast.com/eng/avast-virus-cle...



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment