Saturday, April 20, 2013

How to install linux fedora on a i586 system?

Q. How do I install linux fedora onto an i586 system? I tried the installation guide page, and the live cd mode is not compatible....and to do a classical install for this kernel, but my question is: WHAT is a classical install? Thanks!

10 points for best answer!

A. Don't use the live CD method. Burn the cd set from one of the spins or use the network cd method.
You will need to find a server with the distribution tree for the release you chose.

Try the fedora forums for help first.

How do install mpeg decoders and flash for linux fedora 10?
Q. I am completely new to linux fedora and linux for that matter. I am running fedora from a live usb until i get these issues fixed. I apparently need to install mpeg decoders, xvid decoders, avi decoders and a flash player. Being a complete noob to linux I don't know how to go about this.

A. It looks like the decoders are not patent free and fedora will not include them. Other linux distros do allow a user to install them if they wish at their own risk.
The second link has instructions for flash.
You should search the fedora foum for more info on the codecs.
Good luck

How to install linux fedora on a i586 system?
Q. How do I install linux fedora onto an i586 system? I tried the installation guide page, and the live cd mode is not compatible....and to do a classical install for this kernel, but my question is: WHAT is a classical install? Thanks!

10 points for best answer!

A. The live CD won't work, it assumes i686. You'll have to use the non live installer. Also a i586 system probably isn't powerful enough for the dynamic file system in RAM anyways.

Last I checked Fedora still did i586 kernel builds.

I recall an installer parameter, that you can boot it "linux i586" to force that architecture.

I do have a i586 system running CentOS 4, a rebuild of Fedora's commercial cousin, RHEL.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment