Friday, April 19, 2013

Best linux distro to put on bootable usb?

Q. Hi, i have been using a usb loaded with ubuntu to browse the internet for some time now. I like how you can't get a virus with an operating system that isn't actually installed. But my question is what is the best bootable linux distro. Which has the most features that can be run from usb? I was just wondering if there was anything better than ubuntu that others would recommend.

A. you can run any number of distros off a usb thumb drive though the light weight distros are the best such as Puppy Linux, Slax, DSL, &c. One thing you can do is install a bunch of distros to a Thumb Drive http://www.pendrivelinux.com/boot-multiple-iso-from-usb-multiboot-usb/ thus you can boot to whatever you feel like. For instance you can put all six versions of Linux Mint (5 Desktop Environments & LMDE), with Fedora, Puppy, Slax, & Knoppix on a 32 GB Pendrive.

How to boot joli cloud iso from grub or grub2 ?
Q. I just want to boot joli cloud from pendrive. I succesfull boot ubuntu iso from grub2 but in joli it say 'file not found'.
I want to use ntfs for my pendrive so dont suggest me syslinux software. Because it does not run on ntfs.

A. Assuming you want to install Linux on a PC without a CD / DVD Burner, here's how to run any Linux Installer from a USB Flash Drive (UFD):

And, if memory serves, you do NOT need to force any Linux to format your UFD to NTFS. Just let Linux choose it's own default disk file format, because you only need 'Linux on USB' for an hour, or less.

TIP: Once Linux is installed, re-format your UFD to use it as a DATA file back up device, again. Need more help? Post your questions to JoliCloud's Forums.

How do I make a bootable flashdrive?
Q. I have the ISO for Linux mint downloaded. I chose the DVD file because I don't want to install all of the add-ons separately but my computer doesn't have a DVD drive. I want to put the iso on a flash drive and boot from it. How do I do this?

A. Pendrive linux. easy as pie.
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment