Sunday, January 27, 2013

Where From I can download Sound and Video Player software for Linux redhat3?

Q. I have installed Redhat 3 in my computer. But it is necessery to installed extra sofware of sound and to play movie i.e video software.

A. Use your redhat package manager to install software. Look for kaffeine, mplayer, amarok.

kaffeine is a really good video player.

Amarok is a VERY nice audo player/collection manager with lots of features.

mplayer is a basic no-thrills player.

Are you talking the newer Redhat Server V3, or are you talking the REALLY OLD Redhat 3 before they split off the free stuff to Fedora?

How do I download and install programs on linux?
Q. I have ubuntu and is new to linux. So I would like to know how to install my downloaded programs on linux.

First I download the file

Then I click open

Then it opens some window with the file in it.

I click on the file and it opens another window called open files.

Then I tryed extracting but it just brought me back to the files window.

How do I install programs on linux? Thanks

A. http://monkeyblog.org/ubuntu/installing/

Check tha above link to install program in ubuntu.

Program in linux are avaliable in many format like
1>source format (i.e. programming lanaguage), you have to complie to install it. Not for newbie like you. itis compress format like tar, .gz etc. This i think you are clicking, which open new windows to show extracted files etc.

2> .deb, .rpm format, it is format for debian or redhat linux which can installed by their package manager

3>the most easy and best method for beginner is to use ubuntu package manager, search for program , let it download and then install.

System â Administration â Synaptic Package Manager

What is the most popular form of the linux operating system today?
Q. I knew about RedHat but not sure whether that is still in service?

A. 1 Ubuntu
2 Fedora
3 openSUSE
4 Mint
5 Debian
6 Mandriva
7 PCLinuxOS
8 Puppy
9 Sabayon
10 Arch

This is the list from http://www.distrowatch.com which states the most downloaded distros out there. Granted these are just desktop distros and I expect that both Debian and RHEL (Red Hat) make up the majority of the Linux servers out there.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment