Sunday, January 6, 2013

Where do I find a Linux software to put in my Flash drive first & use it to install on my netbook?

Q. I want to switch it to Linux on my netbook since I heard it is unhackable, true?

A. Not exactly unhackable, but a little difficult. Generally safer, more secure than Windows. Not exactly a Gaming operating system and the use of the Wine program limits what Windows programs can be ran. It can be installed on a flash drive and used to install it on a computer. The answer for for this have been given by ELfageek.

How compatible is Linux with Software compared to Windows?
Q. I will be using a computer run by Linux soon, and I would like to know if I download things to my laptop that is run by linux, will most things be able to work?
Because it seems like Linux isn't very compatible with Software.

A. 90 per cent of what is available for Windows is available for Linux, however what you have to remember is that most of Linux was written by college students and grad students -- it is literally an OS with an academic origin -- and it'sbased on UNIX to boot. So there will always be some incompatibilities with Windows.

Linux or Ubuntu user can you tell me what store that they sell only Linux software?
Q. At Wal-Mart or K-mart?
I just want to know what brand name store do they sell Linux, Ubuntu or Redhat? How do those people find all that stuff at?
I do like to hear from you.
Thank you.
I am terrible sorry I do have Ubuntu but what I mean is how do you guy find all those Linux software to improve my Ubuntu.
Sorry, my English is terrible because this is my second language.

A. to obtain software in ubuntu, add repositories to your package manager then use it to download and install the software you want.

There's instructions on the ubuntu website about how to add repositories

Even without adding them, there's plenty of software you can download through the package manager!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment