Monday, January 28, 2013

What is the best way to learn Linux operating system?

Q. I have always used Microsoft and desire to learn Linux. I am a programmer by occupation, but everything is done via Windows.
Also, which is the best Linux Distribution?

A. Ubuntu is a great way to go. It is free, and they will even send you free CD's if you can't download it for some reason (if you are asking a question here, I assume you are already online). For me, the best part of Ubuntu is the community. There is a great community of people from around the world, that are very polite and always happy to help answer any questions that you may have: http://www.ubuntuforums.org

Even though Ubuntu is currently on version 5.1 (Breezy Badger), http://ubuntuguide.org which was written for version 5.04 (Warty Warthog), is still a great guide that is very helpful as well.

The Synaptic Package Manager makes it VERY easy to install additional programs, and most of them are free.

There is a live CD (which runs from the CD, but is slower), if you would like to try it without having to install it to your hard drive first:
http://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/pub/ubuntu-iso/5.10/

Give it a try, I am sure that you will like it. I installed Ubuntu as a dual-boot about 7 months ago, and I finally removed Windows about 4 months ago. I am here to stay.

Please suggest me a software that i can install in windows XP inorder to learn LINUX commands?
Q. I want to learn linux commands on windows platform (without the requirement of linux OS). I had a software but i forgot the name, can please help getting that similar kind of functionality.

Thank you all for your kind suggestions and Hints.

A. If you want native solution, then Cygwin is the best. It allows you to configure and install only those applications that you want.

Can I get a job if I learn linux for 6 months?
Q. I am planning to learn Linux for 6 months ( about 3H per day). Will I be ab;le to find a job as entry level easly or not? If not what should I learn to make it happen ? Thx.

A. You should be able to if they are hiring. Kind of toiugh in the job market now but things should get better in a couple months.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment