Thursday, January 10, 2013

What linux will boot off of my pen drive? ive been having some trouble?

Q. I tried to put ubuntu 10.8 on my pen drive 3 times. and it says "No OS" at boot. ive done my research and saw that i wasnt the only one with this problem


does anyone know a good linux that will boot off of a pen drive?

Im new to linux, i enjoyed Ubuntu's live CD tho, but i need a bootable pen drive

A. Whether you can boot from your USB pen drive or not depends entirely on your motherboard.

Have you set your computer to boot from it in the BIOS? Double check.

Which is the smallest Linux distro which can read ntfs partitions?
Q. I need to recover some files from my windows installation using a linux live cd. I have some imp documents in c: which i need to copy into a pen drive. Which will be the most suitable linux for this purpose?

A. You could use Puppy linux.
You could also use a Windows "live cd" such as Bart's PE.

How can I install Linux Mint 7 on a net book?
Q. Please help! I am not happy with Windows XP and want to switch over to Linux Mint 7. The problem is, that I have a net book and do not know how to install Linux without a CD-Drive. Can I install it using a pen drive/ external hard drive? Please give me a detailed informatory paragraph with the exact steps.

A. Here is a link to how to install linux mint without a cd drive. You could run mint from the usb or do what they call a frugal install.
Did you check to see if the specs for the netbook are adequate for linux mint, or any other full linux distro?
You may need to use a linux distro that is customized for the netbook. Here ar some links that discuss various distros for the netbook
Good luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment