Thursday, January 17, 2013

what kind of hourly wage could i expect with a A+ certification?

Q. I plan on taking it this summer and was wondering where could i work and what kind of pay i would receive. I plan on taking my linux certification this winter any idea what that pays?

A. Really dont expect much. A+ is the basics of basics. Depending on your area and where you apply, you will probably start a few dollars ($2-4) over minimum wage, if you have no job experience. Linux certifications are only meaningful if the place you are apply has any Linux machines in the first place. Most of the business world runs Windows, and then if at all, they run Linux for task specific jobs, which are basically set and forget.

I installed Fedora 13 for a class, how do I get back to vista?
Q. I followed instructions in our book Linux+ Guide to Linux Certification 3rd edition in project 2. Please help I really don't know what's going on. Step by step instructions would be nice. Thanks.

A. If you did not allow the option for resizing the Windows drive and creating its' own partitons in the free space this creates during install, you have lost Vista. If you had ot would offer you the option to boot from Vista each time you start up. You would now need to re-install it from the original OS disk. You will need to use the advanced option to delete all partitions and create one new one to load on. All your data is gone.

Linux certification - Which is the best study guide?
Q. Hello,

I want to update my skills and resume with Linux Certification. I am comfortable with windows but have little experience with unix (mostly adding users). Can anyone recommend any books aimed at passing the Linux certification test. Also which version is covered on the test VS which is the most popular used in businessess.

Thanks for the help.

A. The test is fairly generic. O'Reilly publishes not all but most of the best books on the topic. RHEL Certified Engineer is actually the best certification to have but if you are going for Linux Certified Engineer then it really doesn't matter -- it's a pretty generic test. I WOULD go for the Red Hat certification if I were you, and study hard for it. They recommend taking courses and I undersstand why.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment