Monday, January 7, 2013

What is the real differences with a Linux hosting package versus a MS hosting package?

Q. What is the real differences with a Linux hosting package versus a MS hosting package????

A. Linux hosting is the standard. Majority of website are hosted on linux servers. It's a lot better than Windows hosting.

The only reason to use Windows hosting would be if you wrote your site in asp.

Linux hosting is the default. If it doesn't say which operating system is used, it's linux.

For hosting I recommend one of these:
http://www.webhostingtable.com/

Powweb currently has the best offer.
Their standard price is $7.77/month ($93.24/year)
but they have the 50% sale right now.

Disk space: Unlimited
Bandwidth: Unlimited
A Free domain name
Unlimited domains and subdomains

Price: $3.88/month ($46.56/year)

Their hosting plan includes web builder, so you can create your site just by drag and drop (without any programming), or you could install Wordpress (easy, one click install from their control panel), choose a theme that you like, and start adding content.

How does Linux hosting without CPanel look like?
Q. Im new to VPS hosting. I need a linux hosting with php and mysql.

I will not be including CPanel in my hosting. Can I manage or do I have to struggle ?
Can anyone give me a link on how VPS hosting will look like for Linux /

A. Technically speaking, it won't "look" like anything. If the host doesn't provide an alternative web interface to configure it, you will probably have to connect to it using an SSH client. If you do this, you will have a screen similar to the following (depending on the SSH client):

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LuO-4280xLs/TjZpXwahwSI/AAAAAAAAAFY/l6Tei3RvlYQ/s1600/sshd+copy.png

Can I modify a wep page thats on linux hosting using FrontPage?
Q. I´m trying to modify a web page usig FronPage and every time I want to publish the new page I get the message ´´server error.cannot change permissions´´.Anybody knows if this is because the page is on a linux hosting server???

A. yes,

It has been a while since I used frontpage, but when you "open" the site, or create a new website, there should be an option for "FTP" this will allow you to download/upload to your website regardless of windows, linux, mac etc. Your ftp details will have been given by your hosting service when you registered with them.

I hope this helps



Read More Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment