Thursday, January 17, 2013

What is a good book for learning UNIX and Linux?

Q. I'm a windows person, but have played with Ubuntu before, but I don't know much of anything about it. I would like to learn to program bash/shell code. My end goal is to build my own custom Linux distro, if not through Linux From Scratch at least customize a solid system. Much appreciation!!!!

A. Here is a very basic and complete book on linux.
Good luck

What is the best or easiest Linux to start using LFS on?
Q. I'm starting for the first time to use Linux from Scratch, but it says I have to use it on a 32-bit Linux. Which Linux would be easy to start on?

Any other help about starting to use LFS would help. What is Linux from Script??????????????????

A. Slackware would be a good choice, it includes most (all?) of the tools you'll need to start building your system.

What is the best way to build Linux for Scratch?
Q. I tried to make it my own distro right on my 8 gb hard drive but i ran into sooo sooo many errors like make and configure errors. I wanted to see how someone with experience started off. With a linux-swap partition? I just want everything to run smoothly. Please give me any tips or anything that would help

A. LSF is not for beginners.
Read and follow the directions VERY carefully. Even a slight mistake will result in failure.
1. Read the manual
2. If you have a problem you can get specific help on the IRC or mailing list for LSF. Post exactly what you have done and the errors you get.
Good luck



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment