Sunday, January 6, 2013

Utorrents linux client code?

Q. I only know basic usage of hte CLI and would like to know what codes I need to install Utorrent through the command line. Just whatever I need to input or copy/paste to install it. I am sorry if this seems unreasonable or stupid but I cant do figure it out.

A. It would help to know which distro you are using.

Why is it that you need µTorrent, why not Transmission, Deluge, or something else?

This may help you out http://www.blogsolute.com/install-utorrent-client-server-ubuntu-10-maverick/12213/

Installing utorrent on linux?
Q. I downloaded a tar.gz file on utorrent's website and for the life of me I just can't figure out how to install it. I looked it up and all I can find is complicated terminal sequences. Is there a simple software I can download that will install it for me? If not: can you break down the terminal for me? Thanks.
Thanks Oo

A. uTorrent does not have a native linux application, and according to this article - http://news.softpedia.com/news/No-uTorrent-for-Linux-by-Year-s-End-233765.shtml - will not have one until next year.
The article goes on to detail how to install uTorrent in linux using Wine.

how to install utorrent on linux mint 11?
Q. how to install utorrent on linux mint 11

A. The default torrent client for Linux Mint is Transmission and is preinstalled. Transmission can be found under internet in the Mint Menu
http://www.transmissionbt.com/about/


LUg.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment