Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Problem with ubuntu Linux usb pen drive installation?

Q. Here is my problem:
I installed ubuntu linux on my laptop using someone's pen drive. But before giving back the pen drive to the person, I copied all the files in the pen drive to one of my hard disks, thinking that if ever I need to reinstall linux I will copy these files to my pen drive and that will install linux once again on my system. But that hasn't happened. My pen drive doesn't boot. What's wrong?

A. You need more than just the files. You need to install a bootloader on the disc. Simply dragging the files to and fro is not enough to make it bootable.

http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/SYSLINUX

How do you install a wireless network adapter on linux ubuntu?
Q. Is there anyone out there, who can help me with this. I am trying to install this wireless linksys wusb100 pen drive adapter to a desktop computer running linux ubuntu. Any suggestions or solutions rather?

A. If NDIS wrapper fails for some reason you may need to remove the driver at the command line and start over it has worked for me

USB Pen Drive not working after the format process got interrupted in between?
Q. I have hp v112b pen drive. I tried to format it, but the power went off accidentally in the middle of the format. Now, if I insert pen drive to the system, it shows contents of the pen drive, but I am not able to use the pen drive at all and the windows explorer hangs indefinitely if i click on the USB Icon in My Computer. Please suggest a solution to revive back the contents of the USB and make it working normally again!

A. Use a Linux machine to recover the files and format the pen drive to FAT 32 file system.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment