Monday, January 28, 2013

Minecraft launcher wont download on Macbook?

Q. When my mom upgraded my computer to Mountain Lion, minecraft got deleted from my computer. When I had the launcher before I didn't download it from the actual minecraft site, I put it in a file in evernote from my iPod (because my computer has parental controls on it and I can't get to minecrafts site.) My mom realized it wasn't actually downloaded to my computer so I tried downloading it (from minecraft.net) but every time a pop up came up saying it was a damaged file and couldn't be opened so I needed to move it to the trash. When I looked at the file in downloads it said the file was 149 KB when online it said it was supposed to be 270 KB. I turned off pretty much all of the parental controls and firewalls and it still isn't working so I just played through that evernote file like before. When I logged in my world's weren't there. I'm so frustrated and I'm not sure why it isn't working. Any ideas? If you need any more information let me know

A. I'm not sure if the problem is that yuor launcher is not loading orthat your worlds are not there, but forthe launcher, make your you downloaded the mac/linux version, and for thewrlds, its normal that your world worlds are not there if you changed pc. you had tosave your worlds on a USB key and then put themback in /.minecraft. Hope i helped!!:D

what are some AWESOME apps for android?
Q. I download the most convincing;)

A. The list

1. Google Voice

Google Voice is a service that is so useful I consider it one of the top benefits of Android itself, especially since Apple rejected the Google Voice app for the iPhone. It gives you a phone number that can ring to multiple places or devices and it allows you to access all of your voicemail and text messages over the Web. The Android app integrates even deeper. It can make outgoing calls look like theyâre coming from your Google Voice number so that you can keep your real mobile number private.

2. Advanced Task Killer

One of the realities of having a multitasking mobile OS in Android is that you have to manage your apps so that they donât hurt performance or battery life. Advanced Task Killer (or ATK) is my favorite. It even comes with a widget that you can tap once to kill all open apps.

3. Dropbox

Dropbox is a great cloud service that automatically syncs a folder of files between multiple computers (Windows, Mac, or Linux). This app extends Dropbox to Android and interacts with other apps (such as Documents To Go) to open the files.

4. Evernote

Once you get used to typing on a virtual keyboard (and it honestly took me over a year to do it), then these devices are great for note-taking, and Evernote is a great note-taking app. It is similar to Dropbox in that it saves data locally but syncs it across all your machines and devices.

5. DroidAnalytics

For some reason Google doesnât have an official app (for either Android or iPhone) for Google Analytics. The best one Iâve found on Android is DroidAnalytics. Another good one is mAnalytics.

6. Documents To Go

The free version of Documents To Go offers a great little reader for Word and Excel files. You can upgrade to the full version (for $15) if you want to edit files and add PowerPoint files to the mix. If you do want editing capability, Iâd also recommend taking a look at QuickOffice.

7. Amazon Kindle

I never warmed up to the Amazon Kindle e-reader, but Iâm a big fan of the Kindle mobile app. Since it was released Iâve read a lot more books simply because my smartphone is always with me and I can pull it and read a few pages anytime Iâve got a couple minutes free.

8. Places Directory

This is an awesome app for finding shops and services near your current location. From restaurants to movie theaters to medical facilities to taxis, this app is very accurate and takes advantage of the business information from Google Local. This app is better than the info you get from a GPS unit (or app) and better than any of the similar apps available on the iPhone.

9. Tripit

I dig Tripit. It is by far the best app Iâve found for keeping track of all my travel itineraries. It runs on some great backend systems. You simply forward your confirmation emails for your flights, hotels, rental cars, and more to Tripit and it automatically organizes them into trips with all your details and confirmation numbers.

10. Seesmic

Twitter is an amazing instant-intelligence engine and it was made for mobile browsing. Although thereâs an official Twitter app for Android now, Seesmic is still the best Android Twitter client.

11. FCC Speedtest

Iâm obsessed with running speed tests to check my bandwidth in various places, both to see 3G fluctuations and to check the quality of Wi-Fi. There are a number of really good speedtest apps, but my new favorite is the FCC Test app.

12. Astro File Manager

Another one of the great things about Android (if youâre a geek or a tinkerer) is that you have lower-level access to the system itself. Astro is an app that lets you navigate the Android file system.

13. Got To Do

There are plenty of to-do apps to choose from on Android but I prefer Got To Do because of the solid interface and the fact that it can sync with the online service Toodledo.

14. Gist

Many of us have contact lists scattered across various computers, devices, and online services. Gist is a Web service that can bring them together and even pull in stuff from the Web to help you stay up to date with your most important contacts. Thereâs an Android app as well as an iPhone app.

15. TED Mobile

TED is a fascinating event that features a meeting of the minds of some of societyâs most influential thinkers. Youâll definitely disagree with some of them, because thereâs a large diversity of opinions, but many talks are worth listening to. What I love is that theyâve taken the videos from their conference and made them freely available on the Web. This app provides a great way to access the videos. I hope more conferences follow TEDâs lead on this.

I really want a new phone,?
Q. Basically i have the iPhone 3G and i don't want another iPhone and i've been using my dad's old BlackBerry Bold 9700 and im not impressed, so what phone can i get that's comparable to the iPhone and won't disappoint? And preferably touch screens please (:?
I was thinking about the Palm Pre Plus, anybody know anything about it?

A. I'll answer by asking: are you a *very* technical person?

If so, the Nokia N900 is amazing ... but it's surely not for the faint of heart. Sure, very few of its apps cost money, but with kernel editing and beta software being the rule instead of the exception, there's the room for danger. I love mine -- I can FTP, DLNA, edit word docs with Abiword, check my wife's cycle on MaeGirls, blog with MaStory, edit images with Ansel-A, use Evernote and have root access. I even started using it as an MP3 player, keeping 30 GB of MP3 on it (did I mention it has 32GB of space built in and will take a 16GB Micro-SD card?). However, I'm very experimental.

The Palm Pre platform is gorgeous, with amazing multitasking and user interface. The hinge on the phone was a problem for my co-worker, who sent his back, saying it felt "fragile." If HP updates the OS (they bought Palm recently) and supports it (and the deal with the privacy concern -- Palm was collecting user data that was so not cool, but then again so do many Android apps), I could see myself being swayed back that way with decent productivity software. For now, though, I love the freedom of my Linux phone and don't mind the risks (I back up everything all the time).

Good luck!



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment