Sunday, January 27, 2013

How do I rescan for wireless connections when I've recently deleted them - Linux operating system?

Q. I recently purchased an Acer Netbook with Linpus Linux operating system. I stupidly deleted all of the wireless connections it found so that I wouldn't be inadvertently 'piggy backing'. However, I seem to have deleted even my own and it won't even scan for anything now, though I am following the correct procedures for it to do a re-scan. What have I done? Thank you for any guidance here!

A. Does Linpus have a package manager called synaptic? If it does you can probably reinstall what you have removed. I am not familiar with Linpus Linux.

How would you authenticate a yahoo messenger account in the Empathy IM Client, on Linux operating system?
Q. I have Linux operating system. And I cannot authenicate my email with the IM that is supported on the system

A. http://live.gnome.org/Empathy/FAQ#How_can_I_connect_to_.28a_protocol.29_in_Empathy_.3F

install telepathy-haze

How do i get a linux operating system?
Q. I would like one of the free linux operating systems for my old computer but i have a really slow connection so i can't download it without it taking a few days. Is there anyway i can order it somewhere and it still be free? Thanks.

A. if you dont want to order and wiat for about a month then you can buy this months Linux magazine for about £5 ($10) and it comes with 6 different distributions on a CD that can be used as a trial CD or to instal it.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment