Saturday, January 19, 2013

How do I create a USB bootable Linux?

Q. I need a website or direct directions to creating a linux USB bootable disk or from a flash drive preferably a flash drive please telll me with details!!

A. Use this tool ... any distro you want

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

Can I mount a WIndows Hard drive from Linux when Linux is being run from a flash drive and is not installed?
Q. I am booting into Linux Mint via a USB Flash drive, so Linux is NOT installed on this computer. However, I am curious to see if I can mount the Windows hard drive on this computer (the only hard drive on it) from Linux Mint this way since Linux isn't actually installed. Thanks in advance for your help!

A. Interesting question, I don`t know the answer, but wonder if it might be possible.
How do you get on with Linux, by the way, I bought a used computer with it installed a couple of years ago,couldn`t get to grips with it so I uninstalled it and installed XP.

How to install Window & with Linux as the main OS?
Q. ok i have new custom computer that i build. it does not have optical drive so i can't put in a bootable DVD and make it work like usual. so i made a bootable usb and that did not work. then i made a bootable usb for linux operating system and it worked. i am actually writing this question via linux OS. so how can install window 7 when i have linux open without the usage of an optical drive

A. You can install windows in a virtual machine (virtual box by sun is what you wanna use) by pointing it at the .iso image of Windows.

Did you try using Unetbootin to make the bootable usb of windows? that might work as well.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment