Sunday, January 6, 2013

Is it possible to port the display of my Windows machine over to my Linux desktop?

Q. I have a Windows desktop tower next to my Linux desktop. Is there a way to have my Windows machine in a separate window on my Linux desktop? I hate having to screw with hooking up another monitor every time I (am forced) to used Windows for something.

A. You could get a cable splitter and have one end into ur monitor and the 2 other ends going into the 2 computers. This may not be the best thing if you want to use both at once however.

Best way (and what i do with my laptop) is to install a VNC server/client.

1) If you're using Linux as ur main machine then you may have some VNC program built in (espec if you run kde). If not then find one from somewhere. Install the client on your linux.

2) For windows i suggest TightVNC as its what I use.. Seems relatively easy too. Just install the server on that comp.

Then just use ur linux comp to access the windows pc via a network.. Easy!

How do I set Linux desktop icons to look like Microsoft OS?
Q. Hi all,
I recently bought a acer one net book with linux on it, does any one know how i can if its possible to rearrange the desktop icons so that they appear like the icons would on microsoft os. Also how do i set a desktop picture.

A. You'll definitely need to install cairo dock https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CairoDock

Also you can get mac-like themes here http://www.gnome-look.org/

How do I invert the colors on my Linux desktop?
Q. I sat on my wireless keyboard that was on the desk chair and it inverted the colors, and I never knew that my computer could do that, because I thought only Mac's could do that. But! What are the keys I need to press?! Please, and thank you! I use Ubuntu 9.04

A. Super + M or Super +N

This is assuming that you have compiz fusion enabled.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment