Saturday, January 26, 2013

Will all my games work with ubuntu linux?

Q. The other day I was hanging out with my friends, and they told me about Linux how it was just like Windows. I did look it up it looks nice, but there is one thing. I am a huge PC gamer, my only question is, will all my games on my Steam library work with Linux?

A. No. None of your games in your library will work. You might be able to get them running using Wine, but it's not worth the trouble and they'd probably run real slow anyway. You would need to repurchase them somewhere else, since steam does not offer Linux versions of games. If you want to game, stick with your PC.
Linux is not "just like Windows". Not many people use it so it doesn't have good game support. I use it because it's lighter and good for basic tasks. Not games.

How can I live stream an event with reliable delivery?
Q. The institution that I work in needs to allow its viewers to view an live event and I guess video streaming is the solution we are looking for. I have exposure to Windows but not much at linux. Is there any reliable way of video streaming using Windows and any tutorials on how to stream a video would be appreciated.

PS: I tried VLC but doesn't look like the solution we are looking for, some thing advance would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

A. Yes, infact I believe that Microsoft Windows has one of the best solutions for video streaming. It is called IIS Smooth Streaming and IIS Live Smooth Streaming and as I see you are broadcasting a live event, probably an input from a DV Camera.

If you have a Windows Vista / 7 PC and Microsoft Expression Encoder all you need to do is to download a web player (Silverlight) and doing some tweaks here and there and you will end up with a video streaming solution that is comparable with the industry. Expression Encoder Pro is available free of charge without the H264 codec and could be obtained from their site (doesn't show up easy) other wise its just below 200$ in price and is worth it.

I wrote an article on IIS Live Smooth Streaming, on my industrial training experience and hope it will be helpful to you: http://ziyan.mozeej.com/2011/11/iis-live-smooth-steaming-professional-way-of-streaming-videos.html

The article contains a video tutorial on how to do it. I use the same computer as the encoder, server and end user. You could use appropriate IPs and do it in a multiple computer environment.

If you need any more assistance, drop an e mail to my profile at FB: http://www.facebook.com/mzjdeen

Good luck!

How to get diner dash to play linux?
Q. Have linux on my computer i want to play diner dash... i have tried wine and all that crap currently wine wont open anything so i am very unhappy. i have also tried virtual box i am on linux 10.4 and stupid virtual box will not install windows it gets half way and stops.

A. Try the program PlayOnLinux. if that does not work than I believe you are out of luck. Dont leave Linux though. Because are gaming base with double within the next 3 month. Valve is currently working on steam for linux. This will give us a big library of games.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment