Monday, January 21, 2013

Why is my bandwidth limited so much in windows?

Q. I have been switching between linux and windows for a while now while I learn a little bit more about linux to where I can make a perminant switch.

When using Linux my download speeds would get up to the 900KBPS speed they are supposed to but in windows it is limited to a very sad 100KBPS for no good reason.

Is there a way to fix this problem?

This is with a fresh windows install (about an hour ago) so its not bugged.

A. Are you using a download manager of some sort?

I'm not sure how Linux works but some download managers (IDM) are really good. They are able to download the file in parts which means that you're downloading at probably 5 or 6 times the normal speed.

Downloading through a browser just downloads the file as a whole and this takes a lot longer.

how do i install itunes 10 on linux ubuntu?
Q. I've used wine and play on linux to download the application, but it just isn't working. Every time I click on the application to open it doesn't open up. Does anyone know what I can do to make it work.
itunes seven is working just fine, but I don't want the old version i want the newer version.

A. I love it when people respond to questions, and have no idea what there talking about.

First make sure you have an up to date copy of WINE and POL, I know the POL in the Ubuntu repos is the older version (at least last time I checked) Same goes for WINE. Make sure your running if from either the WINE menu, or from POL directly. If you just double click the EXE it will run without the switches, and may not work at all. If your doing all of this I'd suggest a complete PURGE not removal of WINE and POL. Don't use Software center, use apt-get. Software center will only remove them

#sudo apt-get purge wine
#sudo apt-get purge playonlinux
#sudo apt-get autoremove
#sudo apt-get autoclean

Make sure there's no hidden folders in your home folder (with a . in front of them) referencing WINE or POL. Alt+H will show them

Download POL from them directly, don't install from the Ubuntu repos. (Current Ver is 3.8.12)
http://www.playonlinux.com

POL Is dependent on WINE, so it will be installed automatically, so will the MS fonts. It should work fine after that.

Banshee has come a long way, not really a need to run iTunes in Linux anymore. I just installed it to see what would happen and it appeared to run fine, imported my music library and played them fine, connected to my ipod etc. You results should be the same. I still like Native software when possible.

Is there a Linux version of jailbreak downloads for idevices?
Q. I have both Windows and Linux. I like Linux better so I want to see if theres anything from the Linux side to download jailbreak software to my iPad. Thanks.

A. http://greenpois0n.com/downloads/



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment