Monday, January 14, 2013

Where can I download an iso of Red Hat 6 for free?

Q. I do know about Fedora and the RHEL rebrands such as CentOS. Is Red Hat free to use if support is not needed, or do they charge for updates as well as support?

A. It was my understanding that Red Hat is one of the very few Linux Distributions that you are required to pay for.... Try something else, like Ubuntu...
www.ubuntu.com

Thousands of pages of community and company support, easy to use, etc..

How do i delete Linux OS off my computer?
Q. I want to take off Linux red hat OS off my comp. so I can download windows XP and I'm new in the IT world can someone PLEASE take me step by step through this process
When I try and boot from CD (XP OS) it gives me a black screen? I feel like I need to edit in terminal?

A. When you're installing Windows XP, you'll have the option of deleting the Linux partition and installing Windows XP over it.

Which linux distribution do you think is the best for home use?
Q. Which linux distribution do you think is the best for home use? Ubuntu, Red Hat, Fedora, Suse etc?

A. I thoroughly recommend Linux Mint 6 Main Edition which is Ubuntu based. Its easy to install and easy to use plus it comes with much of the software you are likely to need preinstalled.

You would be best off RUNNING IT LIVE so you can get the feel of things.

Linux Mint 6 Release notes
http://www.linuxmint.com/rel_felicia.php

Linux Mint 6 Download
http://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=31

Once you have got the feel of things you may wish to consider an installation

The Perfect Desktop - Linux Mint 6 (Felicia)
http://www.howtoforge.com/the-perfect-desktop-linux-mint-6-felicia

You download the ISO. image of Linux Mint 6 then you need to create a Bootable CD from the ISO. This can easily be done using Nero Burning ROM or similar software. Linux Mint can also be run straight from the LiveCD you have created without touching your Hard Drive.

Remember you can RUN IT LIVE !


LUg.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment