Sunday, January 6, 2013

What software can i use to unzip files with linux os?

Q.

A. Winsip

How can I Unzip a ziped file on my linux host?
Q.

A. gzip -dfv filename
------------------------------------------
gzip [ -acdfhlLnNrtvV19 ] [-S suffix] [ name ... ]
gunzip [ -acfhlLnNrtvV ] [-S suffix] [ name ... ]
zcat [ -fhLV ] [ name ... ]

where:
-d --decompress --uncompress
Decompress.
-f --force
-r --recursive
-v --verbose
-f --fast

Linux Web Server Unzipped files, now cannot overwrite?
Q. I have root access. Had unzipped some files using "unzip filename.zip". Now when I wish to overwrite some of the files using a normal FTP program, it tells me "access denied". I can't change the permissions using the FTP program.

I have SSH access.

I have forgotten the command that resets all the files to NORMAL (like it would be if uploaded using normal FTP). Could someone please tell me the command to reset all the files and folders as if it were uploaded by a normal FTP program?

A. do a man chmod

chmod 755 filename usually should do the trick.

RJ




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment