Monday, January 21, 2013

Possible to permanently delete a file from a pen drive in linux, without unmounting?

Q. I deleted a file using 'rm ' . Result: the file disappeared , but no freespace was recovered, so i cldn't add any files to the pen drive , without remounting..
wtf?

A. my computer > right click it > props > tools > defrag and scan for errors


i think

How to keep my pen drive that I use in Ubuntu safe from Windows viruses?
Q. I use Ubuntu on my computer, but none of my friends do. How do I make sure my pen drive doesn't catch a virus on a Windows PC and transmit it to another Windows PC? Is there any way I can see, on my Ubuntu, if the pen drive has Windows viruses in it?

A. Windows viruses won't recognize the Linux programs, or how to attach to them. Even if they did, Linux would not run the virus, as it will not simply run that Windows code...
With ClamAV, you may be able to scan the pen drive.

Problem with ubuntu Linux usb pen drive installation?
Q. Here is my problem:
I installed ubuntu linux on my laptop using someone's pen drive. But before giving back the pen drive to the person, I copied all the files in the pen drive to one of my hard disks, thinking that if ever I need to reinstall linux I will copy these files to my pen drive and that will install linux once again on my system. But that hasn't happened. My pen drive doesn't boot. What's wrong?

A. You need more than just the files. You need to install a bootloader on the disc. Simply dragging the files to and fro is not enough to make it bootable.

http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/SYSLINUX



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment