Friday, January 25, 2013

Please suggest me a software that i can install in windows XP inorder to learn LINUX commands?

Q. I want to learn linux commands on windows platform (without the requirement of linux OS). I had a software but i forgot the name, can please help getting that similar kind of functionality.

Thank you all for your kind suggestions and Hints.

A. If you want native solution, then Cygwin is the best. It allows you to configure and install only those applications that you want.

How to save file to desktop using Linux commands.?
Q. I am a beginner to Linux commands. I use SSH to connect to a Linux server. What command can I use to save a text file on the server to my desktop? Example?

A. From your desktop, fire up a terminal, or use Cygwin if you're under Windows (make sure you have installed the openssh packages) :

scp <your_user_name>@<server_name>:<path to remote file> <path to local dir/file>

Enter your password, and you're done :)

How do I add an FTP user with a Linux command?
Q. I need to write a PHP script that automatically adds FTP users. I can use the system() function to run a Linux command, but I don't know how to create a new FTP user. Any help here?
I don't own the server, I've purchased a reseller plan.

A. When you say add an ftp user, I assume that you wouldn't want the person to be able to log in to a shell on the system. FTP users are just like any other linux user. Use the adduser(sometimes called useradd) command and pay attention to the --shell switch (set to /bin/false)



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment