Monday, January 14, 2013

If I install Ultra VCN to a linux Os will my machine reboot?

Q. Currently I'm trying to install remote software into a linux platform and I'm planning to used Ultra VNC but i'm running a linux firewall. Will my machine reboot? I'm new to linux.

A. it shouldn't do ....

Linux Firewalls that can connect to a domain?
Q. Hi all (again)

Anybody know of a linux based firewall that has the ability to connect to an active directory domain controller to authenticate users?

I have a Server 2003 Enterprise x64 Domain controller...

Anybody know of a firewall that can do this

PS: Can't afford Smoothwall!

A. First question, why would a firewall (network device) need to authenticate against AD?
If trying to control users in the Firewall with AD , try maybe Radius. There are a few free versions out there.

PS Smoothwall is "free", as most Linux firewalls. What may not be free is add-ons or support...

How can I protect other machines on my Lan using virtual firewall appliance ?
Q. If I have a Windows machine with a virtual linux based firewall appliance inside of it, I know how to protect the host machine with the firewall. How do I protect the other machines on the LAN using the virtual appliance ? Would I only have to set the "Gateway" setting of the other machines to the address of the virtual machine ?

A. Yes, and set their firewalls to block anything not comming from the appliance.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment