Thursday, January 24, 2013

How to save file to desktop using Linux commands.?

Q. I am a beginner to Linux commands. I use SSH to connect to a Linux server. What command can I use to save a text file on the server to my desktop? Example?

A. From your desktop, fire up a terminal, or use Cygwin if you're under Windows (make sure you have installed the openssh packages) :

scp <your_user_name>@<server_name>:<path to remote file> <path to local dir/file>

Enter your password, and you're done :)

How do i connect to the Linux command prompt using JAVA code?
Q. Hmm... not sure if u understand wat i mean....
What i want to know is the codes in JAVA to run the things in Linux command prompt... Like when i run the java prog, i want to be able to connect to the command prompt ... (hope u understand... :P)
Thanks a lot... =)

PS: Any useful links will be really appreciated =)

A. I think I know what your trying to say. You want to run a linux command from the the Java Runtime Environment. This command should work.
Runtime.getRuntime().exec(String command);
There is more info at this link http://saloon.javaranch.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=34&t=003535.

What is the linux command to obtain the PID number of a specific program running?
Q. I'm tired to use the "top" and search around for the PID of a program that I know is running on a remote terminal, left open by someone else, and that I want to kill. I wonder if there is a linux command that would return the PID of only that program.

A. ps aux | grep processname
or
pidof processname



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment