Sunday, January 13, 2013

How to actively switch between two OS's in a dualboot partition setup?

Q. I'm dualbooting backtrack and Linux mint KDE 9. Is there a way to switch between the two partitions without having to completely reboot and go through the GRUB menu?

A. Unless you have some sort of virtual machine software you have to reboot so the operating system can have control of the hardware.

what is the different between backtrack and Slackware Linux ?
Q. well i was wondering if you could tell me what is the different between backtrack and Slackware Linux or do they have anything in common

A. Backtrack is a Linux distro on LiveCD with is designed to provide an easy way to do security testing (such as penetration testing on a network). I don't think it's used as a regular, installable distro.

Slackware is a full-blown Linux distribution which has been around since about 1993. Slack is one of the oldest existing Linux distributions, and is one of my favorites, especially for server use.

Backtrack was, according to what I read, based on SLAX, which was a derivative of the original Slackware.

How do I get my wireless card (broadcom 4311) to connect on Backtrack Linux?
Q. I am running Backtrack from a cd.

A. i hate to burst the bubble, but i dont think they are compatable




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment