Monday, January 28, 2013

how do i install heroes of newerth for linux mint?

Q. I am a complete noob on linux and I need some help. After I download HON for linux and I try to open it, it says I need to open with an appilcation, I have no idea how to do that, please help.

A. Was the file you downloaded a compressed file? More than likely it was and you don't have a program to decompress the file. To expand compressed file (decompresses) you can use and gzip -d, bunzip2 (bzip2 -d), unzip commands. See the link below for more info. that should help you out.

http://www.cyberciti.biz/howto/question/general/compress-file-unix-linux-cheat-sheet.php

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/how-can-i-zipping-and-unzipping-files-under-linux.html

How to install linux on a virus-infected computer?
Q. So, I unzipped the files I downloaded from Ubuntu. Then I burned them on a blank DVD. Now, I'm trying to run it on my other computer, and it doesn't work. When I put the disk into my laptop, it asks me if I want to run the wubi install. I'm trying to install it right on my hard drive.

A. Oh boy here we go(this is gonna be long, but I love to send people away from Windows and into Linux).
OK SO, when your pc boots up hit ESC as soon as you see the computer manufacturers logo(Dell, HP, Compaq, Acer, whatever it is). Then depending on your computer you will want to look around for the "Boot Sequence" Once you find it, put your "Internal CD/DVD-ROM" device on the top. then, insert the dvd then reboot, you should automatically boot to the Ubuntu DVD.
Good luck
Linux Rocks btw.

How to make an Apache Server using Linux?
Q. Hi I am using linux debian on an old imac g3. I have gotten the web server up to a point where I can see the 'It Works' page but now what? I want to add Joomla to it but I don't know how to make it load like cpanel does. Help!

A. a) Download Joomla
[code]
cd /var/www
sudo wget -c http://joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsrelease/14659/64120/Joomla_1.6.3-Stable-Full_Package.zip
sudo unzip Joomla_1.6.3-Stable-Full_Package.zip
sudo rm index.html
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data *
[/code]

b) Setup MySQL & phpmyadmin
[code]
sudo apt-get install mysql-server
sudo wget -c http://iweb.dl.sourceforge.net/project/phpmyadmin/phpMyAdmin/3.3.10/phpMyAdmin-3.3.10-all-languages.tar.gz
sudo tar xvfz phpMy*
sudo mv phpMy* phpmyadmin
sudo chown -R www-data:www-data phpmyadmin
sudo mv phpmyadmin/config.sample.inc.php phpmyadmin/config.inc.php
sudo nano phpmyadmin/config.inc.php
[/code]
During the installation, it will ask you for the mysql password. set it, and remember it.

Now,
At this point, add something to the part where it says you need to add something for blowfish authentication. Just type a whole load of random characters.

Press Control + X to save.

visit http://< web server address >/phpmyadmin

login with username 'root' and the password you set before.

Create a new database named "joomla"

Now, visit http://< web server address >
Your database name is the one you just created.
User is "root"
password is the password that you set.

Its not exactly secure to use the root account, but as your only using it for personal purposes, it doesn't matter much.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment