Thursday, February 28, 2013

How to install applications in puppy linux?

Q. Hi, please help me. I am really stuck with this. I just set up puppy linux OS I want to install some software. But whenever I click on the setup file of a software, it says something like that I don't have a run action set. Now how can I install a software in puppy linux? Thanks.

A. You have to use the puppy linux way of installing apps, not the windows way (which is look for apps on the net and download and use the windows installer).

Can I download Puppy Linux with my current computer specs?
Q. I want to stop using Windows ME and switch to Puppy Linux. But I don't know if it would work on my old PC. I have a 6.2 gig hard drive and 128.0 MB of Ram would Puppy Linux work?

A. The 6.2GB hard drive and the 128MB RAM wouldn't give you any problems. But all you have to do is download Puppy Linux and, burn it to disk, and boot the Live CD to see if it works.

You can also install Damn Small Linux if that doesn't work for some reason. I installed DSL on a system with a 4GB hard drive and only 64MB of RAM. It is very very fast and snappy on that system. When first booted, it only takes up 20MB of memory space.

Even DSL Linux would be a big step above Windows ME.

How can I boot Puppy Linux and Windows 7?
Q. I have Puppy Linux 4.3.1 and Windows 7 Ultimate. I'm trying to get Puppy Linux installed, but it's really confusing. I'll think I've finished it because it says the setup is done, but when I reset it just boots Windows. How can I dual boot?

A. http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/4622

This is a dual boot program. every time you turn your computer on it will go into it an you can choose which one.

However i have a suggestion. Go to the Ubuntu website and download Ubuntu 9.10 karmic koala. This automatically installs grub when it installs the OS. Plus it is still Linux, and it has tons more support.



Nec Projector Review

Plastic Shed Reviews

Ati Graphic Reviews

Nurse Uniforms Reviews

Cabochons Reviews

Inflatable Water Slides Reviews

Barcode Scanner Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment